50 Bermar Park
Rochester, NY 14624
Phil Bradfield, VP Sales and Marketing
Scott Firmstone, General Manager
Kevin McGuire, President
SoLux is a patented light source that provides an
unparalleled replication of daylight minus potentially harmful ultraviolet
and infrared light. You will find a wealth of information about daylight
and how to improve your lighting on our website www.solux.net. Our website
offers the following:
- Products. We offer a large selection of products for you to use SoLux
in your Museum, Gallery or Home.
- Technical Information including spectral power distributions, ies
files, and photometric charts.
- Lists of Museums, Galleries, and Artists that specify SoLux.
- NPR report on SoLux
- What is Daylight? An informational PowerPoint presentation that
separates fact from fiction.
- Daylight: Is it in the eye of the beholder? A paper written by SoLux
inventor Kevin McGuire explaining how the eye's response to light and color
changes with brightness and how this is used to choose the best light for
- An independent paper by Weintraub, Gordon, Scuello, and Abramov
confirming 3600K (SoLux) as the preferred lighting condition to illuminate
- Ultraviolet Primer. An explanation of why UV radiation is harmful to
paintings and what can be done to minimize damage to artwork.
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.