Last updated: 5/1/2008
721 First Street
Butte, NE 68722
39355 W HWY 46
Wagner, SD 57380
Mardell Schroeder, Project Director
The collections of the Community Historical Center and Museum include historic objects, books, photographic materials, textile and costume items, ethnographic materials, a considerable geological collection, and any other category of collection type. Mission Statement: Developing a long-range preservation plan for the collections and to establish conservation as an integral part of the museum’s mission and to further restore the architectural structure of the building.
The school was built in 1909 as a Parochial Grade School 1 through 8 and will celebrate its centennial year in 2009. It has been turned into the Community Historical Center and Museum. The two-and-one-half story with full basement Renaissance Revival building was designed by William L. Steele, a student of famed Frank Lloyd Wright, and is listed on the Nebraska State Historical Society and the National Register of Historic Places in Washington DC. The museum is located on Lewis & Clark BiWay (Hwy 12) in Northeastern Nebraska, Boyd County.
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.