The world's largest collection of Wesleyan Staffordshire pottery; beautiful windows depicting Jesus Christ and John Wesley; portraits of early founders of Methodism; and a library containing rare books, manuscripts, and autographs, all provide inspiration from our past. Ten portraits by Frank O. Salisbury hang in the museum and a very rare parian figure of John Wesley at his mother's tomb is on exhibit.
The building, erected in 1956, was the generous gift of American Methodists to the Council and was, first, home of the international World Methodist Council and the Commission on Archives and History of the United Methodist Church. The Commission on Archives and History moved to Drew University in Madison, New Jersey in 1983. The World Methodist Council headquarters moved next door in 2002. The newly renovated space was designed as a museum to tell the story of the Wesleyan Movement while providing insight into our spiritual tradition in the context of the larger Christian church.
Confirmation groups gather here for educating youth about their faith.
Access: General Public, Students, Scholars, Members
Appointment required: True
Or by Appointment.