Just completed a small part to house out door art work. Painted murals on three old bldgs., had 1888 to 1905 Hampton County minutes typed, and recorded information for 123 cemeteries.
Building opened in 1892 as Bank of Hampton. Mr. Miles McSweeney, former governor of SC was vice president of bank in 1895. Closed as a bank in 1926.
95% of the collection is a cross section of local memorabilia.
Inventory for 123 cemeteries, 5000 photos, notebooks of special reference material, and presentation boards.
Operated by a volunteer group.
Access: General Public, Students, Scholars, Members
Appointment required: False