Preservation of a treasured one room school house, exhibits of commonly used artifacts, the story of Jim Cullen, who was the only person ever lynched in The State of Maine.
This building has been a community center, a church, a school house, a town garage, a ware house. No one knows how old it is, but it could date back to before 1880 when The Town of Mapleton was incorporated.
Household and farming implements, loom, potato equipment
Jim Cullen history done as a PhD dissertation of member Dena Winslow York, an authority on the story.
Re-enactment of a school day to elementary school children, occassional workshops, dinners, and other social functions throughout the year, fund raisers.