We have an extensive collection of coal mining items from 1886 to 1963 when the coal mines closed we also have a collection of the variety of the ethnic collections from Roslyn being the meting pot of Washington state.
The Society was founded pon July 28, 1961. The building was built in 1969 and opened in 1970. The building was paid for from sales of a local history book titled "Spawn of Coal Dust" it originally sold for $2.50. Our museum stays open today by donations and sales of items in our gift shop.
Miniing equipment and items from the aresa past.
Group tours are available by appt. Please call 509-649-2355 for more information.
Access: General Public, Students, Scholars
Appointment required: False
Closed Jan. and Feb.