Since 1997, when we moved into our new location, we have been expanding our programs, exhibits and buildings as well as adult and children's education programs. All with a stall of one full time person and a part-time person! Needless to say we are looking forward to expanding our staff.
In 1958, the Junior League of Longview became interested in forming an art museum. For 13 years, the museums paintings were being displayed in the Nicholson Memorial Library. In 1970, the Charter was issued by the State of Texas and in 1971, the Inaugural exhibition opened in the old McWilliams Annex, made available by Mr. Robert Cargill. At this time, the Junior League's collection was placed on permanent loan to the museum. The guild was formed to act as a major fund raising support to the museum. 700 pepole joined the museum. In 1993, the museum changed it name to The Longview Museum of Fine Arts. In 1997, the museum movedto its current location in downtown Longview.
Permanent collection of 20th century contemporary regional artists over 300 pieces.
Gallery tours, lectures on permanent exhibition by directors, art workshops, adult workshops, and art education for fifth graders.