265 Rivert Street
Troy, NY 12180
265 River Street
Troy, NY 12180
Devin Lander, Executive Director
Chartered in 1962, the Museum Association of New York is a member-based service organization that works on behalf of all museums in the state to strengthen organizational capacity and give voice to the field's needs.
MANY brings New York's museum community together to:
* foster organizational and leadership development
* speak out as a strong, unified statewide voice on museum-related issues
* address state legislative and public policy initiatives
* provide professional support and training for museum trustees, staff and volunteer leaders
* promote museums as engines of economic development and key tourist destinations
* increase public understanding and support for museums
Services MANY provides:
* issues development based on member surveys and input from the field
* biennial salary and benefits survey, the largest of its type in the United States
* meetings, training, and networking opportunities; information referrals
* a membership program that provides a monthly e-newsletter with funding calendar and job listings; competitive rates for Workers Compensation, NYS Disability, and Directors & Officers Liability insurance; and a copy of the annual Legislative Guide
* advocacy activities and advocacy training
MANY's membership currently numbers more than 300 institutional, individual, and corporate members. Institutional members range from large, urban art museums to all-volunteer historical societies serving rural communities; they reflect the great diversity of organizations found in New York State. In addition to their financial support, MANY's membership contributes expertise and space for the association's ongoing programs, and access to new stakeholders.
* MANY is a not-for-profit education organization and chartered by the Regents of the University of the State of New York
MANY is governed by an elected board whose members represent museums and historical organizations from across the state.
In addition to regular publications, MANY also publishes periodic monographs and white papers.
- e-Connections, a monthly newsletter
- Salary and Benefits Survey, biennially
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.