We have 11 buildings including the two story log cabin of one of the first residents in the valley; Jim Baker. Numerous other buildings; a one room school house, a large two story log "mansion", a Victorian house, other cabins and buildings with displays and exhibits.
The museum is the final resting place to many historical buildings from around the valley. The Jim Baker Cabin, built in 1873, was originally located just a few miles from where it sits now. There's the Blair Cabin built in 1888 by husband and wife with nothing more than their hands and a broadaxe. The Brown House was donated to the museum by Jim and Mildred Marshall and has a great story to tell! Next to the Brown house is the Dutch Joe Schoolhouse established in Savery in 1900. In 1993 the Cobb family donated the Stobridge House to the museum. There is even a water tank from the early gold mining days of the valley.
Be sure to check out the links on our website to all these treasures for more history and photographs of each one. You will surely want to come see them for yourself!
The museum building was the Savery School for many years. In 1972 the Little Snake River Valley Schools were consolidated and all valley students were sent to Baggs. The school district then donated the building for community activites and later to be used as the museum.
Extensive collections donated by local residents of pioneer and ranching items, old machinery and clothing.
Weekend demonstrations in numerous "old time" crafts: rug making, pie making, leather work, flint knapping, bread making, gardening, spinning...
Six Member board
Access: General Public
Appointment required: False