Updated: 4/26/2012 
The Frank House
Kearney, Nebraska
Description

The Frank House was designed by George William Frank, Jr. for his parents who lived in the house until 1900. It was the first house west of the Missouri River to be wired for electricity during its construction (1886-1889.) In 1907 the Frank House became a part of the Nebraska State Tuberculosis Hospital and was used as living quarters for the hospital’s staff until 1972. The Frank House is now an integral part of the University of Nebraska at Kearney.

Hours of Operation
Walk-in Tours
Monday - Friday2 PM - 5 PM
Saturday12 PM - 5 PM

Large group tours (8 or more) and special tours by appointment. Closed on holidays and when the University of Nebraska-Kearney is closed.

DISCLAIMER
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.

MUSEUM CONFERENCES

April 5 - 8, 2025

New York Museum Association 2025 Conference in Ithaca, NY

Ithaca Downtown Conference Center

Ithaca, New York

April 6 - 8, 2025

Nebraska Museum Association 2025 Conference

Hosted by the Knight Museum in Alliance, Nebraska

United States

April 6 - 9, 2025

Texas Association of Museums 2025 Conference Austin

AT&T Conference Center

Austin, Texas

April 27 - 29, 2025

Oregon Museum Association 2025 Conference

TBA

Independence, Oregon

May 5 - 9, 2025

Museum Store Association FORWARD 2025 in LA

The Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California

Los Angeles, California

RECENT UPDATES

Museums

04/03 Palm Harbor Museum

Palm Harbor, Florida

Museum Associations

04/03 Florida Association of Museums

Tallahassee, Florida